If you’ve ever been to Australia you’ll know that the staple in many cafe’s is not flapjack but banana bread. Bananas are often used during a ride but with this easy recipe can be turned into something a little more exotic.
Great either cold or toasted, a slice of this is an ideal post ride snack.
- 4 bananas – the mushier the better
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 115g butter
- 115g brown sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Mix the butter and sugar together in a blender
- Add the eggs and bananas to the mix
- Stir in the salt, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon
- Pour into a 1 lb bread tin lined with grease proof paper
- Put in the oven and go and clean your bike or drink some coffee for around an hour
- Check the bread is baked by stabbing it with a knife – if it doesn’t come out clean give it a bit longer
- Once done leave it to stand for quarter of an hour in the baking tin resisting temptation to dive in
- Remove from tin, slice and consume either toasted or as is.