If you do a lot of cycle touring in remote areas it can be frustrating when you don’t have enough bottle cages or mounting points.
The King Cage Universal Support Bolt is a great solution to this problem.
- Single clip only included
- 1 1/8″ (28mm) clips for handlebars, seat stays etc.
- 1 3/8″ (35mm) clips for steel frames
- 1 5/8″ (41mm) clips for fork lowers
- 2″ (51mm) clips for 36mm fork lowers and alloy frames
Please use electrical tape beneath the clamps to not damage your bike’s paintwork. Do not use inner tubes.
How do I select the correct USB size for my bike?
Clamp sizes are maximum diameter.
To find out what size USB you should order, follow these easy steps:
- Take a string around the area you want to place the USB and measure the length of the string – This number is the circumference.
- (Example: String is 5.5 inches long)
- Once you have the length of the string (circumference), divide that number by 3.14 (pi) – This number is the diameter.
- (Example: 5.5 inches / 3.14 = 1.75)
- Use the diameter to determine the correct size;
- 1 1/8 USB = 1.125 maximum diameter
- 1 3/8 USB= 1.375 maximum diameter
- 1 5/8 USB = 1.625 maximum diameter
- 2 USB = 2 maximum diameter
- (Example: When the diameter is 1.75 order the 2in USB)
What size nuts are the USBs sold with?
They are metric M5x .8
What is the width of the metal straps of the Universal Support Bolt?
8mm or 5/16″
What do you recommend using them for?
These work for great attaching water bottle cages to areas on your bike that don’t already have support holes!
We don’t recommend using them to attach a rack to your bike.
Are the USBs sold in pairs or sold individually?
They are sold individually.
How should I mount them on my bike?
We suggest electrical tape or cloth rim strip to protect the frame or fork legs. Rubber inner tube will lead to clamp breakage. Tighten clamp after use.